- Gareth has cerebral palsy. He has a tracheostomy.
- He uses a computer with speech output to communicate (specifically a Mercury with Speaking Dynamically Pro software). He also uses a communication book with Mayer Johnson Picture Communication Symbols (PCS).
- Gareth is a big fan of Star Wars.
- He has an awesome semi-recumbent tandem bike that he loves to ride with his dad
- We started to work with Gareth and his parents to teach him literacy skills when he turned 3 years old.
- In this video, Gareth is 5 years old. He is reading a book about Clifford independently and is answering questions about the story.
- Gareth is ready to enter Kindergarten as a reader. His literacy skills exceed those of many of his typically developing peers.
- Visit the rest of the website to learn more about how Gareth learned to read.
Unauthorized copying, transmittal, or exhibition of this video outside of this website is prohibited.
Last Updated: August 31, 2012