- Jackson has Down syndrome.
- He is full of energy and is always smiling.
- He loves animals of all kinds, especially sharks. And he loves Curious George, Clifford, and Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars.
- Jackson started literacy instruction when he turned 4 years old.
- Here he is, just after his 5th birthday, after approximately 14 months of instruction (45 minutes a week). He’s reading a personalized book about his favorite characters.
- He is using speech and signs to communicate.
- Jackson is ready to enter Kindergarten. He is already a reader. His literacy skills are significantly ahead of his typical peers.
- Visit the rest of the website to learn more about how Jackson learned to read books.
Unauthorized copying, transmittal, or exhibition of this video outside of this website is prohibited.
Last Updated: August 31, 2012