- Michael has autism.
- He has a great sense of humor.
- He loves superheroes of all kinds, especially Power Rangers.
- Michael was 3 years old when we first met him. He wasn’t able to say many words and he didn’t yet know how to read. He used a few signs and PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) to make basic requests, but he was frustrated that he couldn’t express himself more fully.
- Watch this video to see Michael at 4 years of age (after approximately 12 months of instruction, 1 hour per week). He is reading a book about a Robot Dog.
- His literacy skills significantly exceed those of his typical peers.
- He is now using speech as his main means of communication.
- Visit the rest of the website to learn more about how Michael learned to read and type stories.
Unauthorized copying, transmittal, or exhibition of this video outside of this website is prohibited.
Last Updated: August 31, 2012