- Ellie has cerebral palsy. She is included in a regular grade 1 class.
- Ellie is always smiling and loves to laugh. She has a magnetic personality and loves to interact with others.
- Like many of her peers, Ellie likes Hannah Montana. And she loves to go to the mall and shop!
- Ellie uses speech and a computer with speech output to communicate (an MT4 from DynaVox).
- We started to work with Ellie when she was 6 years old, the summer before she started grade 1. At that time, she knew some of her letters and sounds but she was not yet reading words.
- In this video, Ellie is 8 years old. She is reading a book about Minnie Mouse independently and is answering written multiple choice questions about the story.
- She is so proud to be a successful reader.
- Visit the rest of the website to learn more about how Ellie learned to read.
Unauthorized copying, transmittal, or exhibition of this video outside of this website is prohibited.
Last Updated: August 31, 2012